Between the residency in Nantes in August 2016 and the residency in Sussex in September 2017, several performances have taken place:
- August 20, 2016, ElectroPixel #6, Nantes, France
- September 30, 2016, Metabody Toulouse, Nuit des Chercheurs, Quai des Savoirs, Toulouse, France
- November 6, 2016, Sounds Like Soup, De Groene Gemeenschap, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- February 11, 2017, “What if this is gallery dance?”, 4bid Gallery, OT301, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- May 16, 2017, NIME 2017, Stengade, Copenhagen, Denmark
Over the course of these, I have only made small changes: finetuning the sound and light design.
Also I have experimented with using some buttons to control the timing of the performance, while I am inside, and haptic feedback to give myself an indication of how long the performance has been running.
One observation that I made is that the system has a time constant that is more or less predictable: after having performed with the system for a while, I more or less now how fast the system reacts, can go into a chaotic mode and then relax back to a stable mode. This observation is what drives me to explore a different approach for the algorithm.