The Scrempler is an instrument for live sampling and manipulation – meant for improvisation with other musicians.
The Scrempler was designed using OpenSCAD, Inkscape, and MakerWare, using a lasercutter and 3D printer to make the parts:
lasercut plexi, triplex, 3D printed feet. Piezo microphones pick up the sound made on the top wooden plate. Sensors are home-made pressure sensors from conductive foil and foam – their data is transfered using a Sense/Stage MiniBee. Livesampling is done with SuperCollider – additional controls are currently coming from a Novation Nocturn midi controller.
- March 27, 2017, Oorsprong Curators Series, Plantage Dok, Amsterdam, NL
- January 10, 2015, Oorsprong Curators Series, Bimhuis, Amsterdam, NL
- November 13, 2014, MAMCS, Strasbourgh, FR
- November 7, 2014, Landmark, Bergen, NO
- February 17, 2014, Oorsprong Curators Series, Poortgebouw, Amsterdam, NL